Windows Media Player (WMP) is a media player and media library application developed by Microsoft that is used for playing audio, video, and viewing images on personal computers running the Microsoft Windows operating system, as well as on Pocket PC and Windows Mobile-based devices. This software can also be used to burn CDs. Users can also cast content from the player to their TV.
In this guide, we will show you step by step ways to cast your favorite movies or other media from Windows Media Player to your TV. The whole procedure requires a bit of your time, but if you are a Chromecast user then you can do it very easily on windows 10 or on older version.
How to Install Windows Media Player?
Normally, if you have Windows 10 operating system installed on your computer then Windows Media Player will be your default media player and will be installed already. If that’s not the case, then you can follow the following simple steps to install Windows Media Player on your computer.
- Click on the Windows icon from the left bottom corner of your screen.
- From the menu click on the Settings icon that will appear, or you can also type the word “Settings” in the Search bar and select Settings.
- The settings window will appear on your screen
- Navigate to Apps & features option
- Select Optional features available under the Apps & features category
- Now click on the Add a feature option followed by a plus icon.
- Now find the “Windows Media Player” from the list that will appear
- Select the Windows Media Player option and click on the “install” button to begin the installation
- Now Windows Media Player will successfully be installed on your system.
How to Chromecast Windows Media Player to TV?
If you want to directly connect your Windows Media Player with Google Chromecast, the following requirements must be fulfilled:
- Google Chromecast
- Windows Desktop
- An HDMI port compatible TV
After ensuring the above-written requirements, you can now follow the following simple steps to cast Windows Media Player contents with the Chromecast device.
- Connect your Google Chromecast device with your TV with the help of an HDMI port.
- Now use the same “Wi-Fi network” to connect both of your devices (Google Chromecast and TV).
- Open Google Chrome browser on your laptop/desktop,
- On the top right corner, you will find a menu icon represented by three vertical dots, click on it.
- Select the “cast” option among the list that appears
- This will find all the nearby available Wireless devices.
- Select the Cast desktop option available in the Source drop-down menu
- Choose your Chromecast connected device from the list
- A pop-up will appear casting the entire screen
- Select the preview screen and click the “Share” menu.
- The video playing on the Windows Media Player will now be available for you to stream on your TV.
- If you no longer want to stream the video and want to end it, then click on the cast extension and select your Chromecast device.
- How to Install Terrarium TV on Firestick & Fire TV?
- How to Install Xfinity Stream on Firestick and Fire TV?
- How to Install DirecTV Now (AT&T )TV on Smart TV?
- How to Stream Kodi on Chromecast?
- How to Get Netflix Student Discount
You can install Windows Media Player by following the simple steps mentioned in the article above. Once you have Windows Media Player installed in your system then it becomes a lot easier for you to Chromecast Windows Media Player by following the above-listed steps. Now you can easily stream and enjoy your favorite movies, videos, and audio content on your TV.