These days, nearly everybody is an internet user. Over time the amount of attacks/threats has increased with the number of internet users. The privacy of confidential information is always a key concern with internet users around the globe. To avoid this issue, users are constantly searching for a reliable antivirus tool.
Avast is well-thought-out to be one of the perfect antivirus tools nowadays, as it has multiple benefits. The popular features in Avast are completely free, some are paid though. However, Avast can sometimes bother the user by blocking websites, any running programs or can create disturbance during the game. Even though Avast works automatically as the computer boot up, you can still stop avast from running at startup, without removing the program.
Today we are providing a guideline for how to close Avast antivirus.
How to Close Avast Antivirus?
Completely shutting off Avast can cause harm to your computer. In this article, you will learn the important steps for closing it for your protection. In this manner, the program could be executed via Windows Task Manager and it can work only when the user launched it.
- Open the Avast interface by right-clicking on the Avast icon on the desktop.
- Then press the Menu option.
- Then choose the Settings option.
- Next, choose the “Troubleshooting” option.
- Press the “Enable Self-Defense” checkbox. We have to disable this feature.
- Press OK. Afterward, Avast is available to close.
- Right-click on the Task bar button and choose the Task Manager option.
- Then search for Avast Antivirus, and press End task to execute the method.
- Check if the Avast icon will not show on the desktop/menu. This will confirm that Avast has finally closed from the related program list.
How to Make Avast Not Run on Startup?
After disabling the self-protection mode, you can also stop Avast from startup as well. In this way, the startup method could be speeded up considerably. Follow these simple steps for disabling it.
- Search for task manager and click on it.
- Click on “Startup” tab
- This will show a list of running programs.
- Find the “AvLaunch” element and press Disable.
Note that, users can run Avast whenever they want. After putting on the above-mentioned settings, Avast will work just like a common program instead of an antivirus program.
How to Disable Avast Service
There’s one more way to close Avast antivirus which is a risky one too but if you are annoyed by a continuous interruption from your activity, just deactivate all of its features by the below steps.
- Right-click on the Avast icon on the desktop.
- Hang to “Avast shields control” and select the extended time for disabling the shield according to your requirements.
- At last, press OK on the approval window.
- How to Schedule Scan in Avast?
- How to Fix Avast UI Failed to Load?
- How to Turn off Avast Notifications?
- How to Stop Avast Browser From Opening on Startup?
- How to Remove Avast From Gmail?
- How to Stop Avast From Blocking a Program?
- How to Turn off Avast Email Signature?
Avast antivirus has amazing features but sometimes its closing issue can be irritating for the user. After knowing these methods, you can resolve this issue quickly and easily. Now that you have all the information for disabling Avast from running, we hope that you will easily implement it when needed.