YouTube is one of the most famous online video sharing platforms being used all over the world. While playing any video on YouTube, the video bar provides lots of control options to help and assist the users to manage and control the video easily. Whereas some of the other users find it annoying too
Below are the detailed steps for adding this script to your browser, however, the recommended one is Google Chrome but you can add it on any browser you want.
How to Hide YouTube Bar When Paused?
- Navigate to a new tab in your Google Chrome This can be done by going to the settings menu on the top left side of the browser and selecting the New tab option or you can also press CTRL + T for a new tab.
- Select the bookmark bar, located right under the address bar, and right-click on it. Now select the Add page options on the menu that appears.
- Give any name to the new bookmark you just created such as “Hide YouTube bar”.
- Now make sure to copy the following script as it is for the URL. And then save
- After saving, a new bookmark will appear on the bookmark bar with the same name as you have written previously.
- Now go to YouTube and play any video.
- Now go to the bookmark bar and click on the bookmark you just created. If the bookmark bar is not available then press the following key combination: CTRL+SHIFT+B
- After following the procedure, you will notice that the YouTube video bar is now hidden even when the video is paused.
Once the video bar is hidden it would be difficult for the users to control the video. In this case, we provide you some keyboard shortcuts that will be very helpful for you.
|T||Enter default view|
|I||Enter mini video player|
|Spacebar/ K||Pause/ resume video|
|M||Mute/ unmute video|
|Arrow Up||Increase volume|
|Arrow Down||Decrease volume|
|Arrow Left||Increment 5 seconds|
|Arrow Right||Decrement 5 seconds|
|Shift + N||Play nest video in the queue|
If you want to revert the changes you just made, that is to show the YouTube bar again, you just need to reload the page once.
YouTube video bar can be very irritating for some of the users to take screenshots or watch videos. So here we provided a detailed step by step method to add the script to your browser for hiding the YouTube video bar. Further, some more keyboard shortcuts are provided to assist you while playing YouTube videos.