Undoubtedly, Avast is the best reliable antivirus software in the world. Having over 400 million users. Avast Secure Browser was launched on April 6, 2018. It consists of various remarkable features including Ads blocker, Malware Detector, Anti- Tracking, and many others.
Along with all the incredible features of Avast secure Browser, multiple users have a complaint that the browser keeps opening automatically during startup. It is observed that the browser put away more CPU control and memory too.
In this section, you will learn how to stop the Avast browser from opening on startup. We have picked some simplest and easiest methods for the user. Let’s move forward and see the step-by-step guidelines.
Why users want to stop the Avast browser
Multiple users are facing an issue that during the installing process of Avast antivirus, the Avast Secure Browser gets downloaded and launch automatically. An additional worrying factor is that it starts every time as immediately as Windows starts.
The huge amount of user is having trouble as Avast browser opens up as they start their device. Due to this, many loyal customers are uninstalling it and now looking for a more authentic antivirus software through which they can install their antivirus stress-free.
How to Stop Avast Browser From Opening on Startup?
There two ways to turn off the Avast browser. You can disable it using the task manager or by changing the browser setting. Below are the in-depth methods which you can use to stop Avast browser from opening on startup:
1. How to Disable Avast Browser from Browser Settings
Let’s have a look at the easiest method for deactivating Avast browser from opening on startup:
- Open the Avast secure browser and press the menu three dot icons placed on the above-right corner of the PC’s screen.
- Then search and choose “Settings” from the notified list of options to change the startup settings of the browser.
- Next, roll down to the lower side of the screen and “turn off” the toggle key corresponding to the “Launch Avast Secure browser automatically when your computer starts” selection.
- Lastly, save the settings, and for your confirmation restart your device to check if the browser now gets open on restarting.
This will resolve the issue. This is the utmost suitable solution as it works on macOS and Windows and several people can implement it.
If the above method does not work for you, then we have one more method to prevent self-opening.
2. How to Stop Avast Browser Through the Task Manager
This is an alternative way of safely disabling the browser using the task manager. Let’s see the steps in details:
- Right click on the task bar and select “task manager” or by pressing down Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- Then press the “Startup” tab to have a look at the list of all programs that launch when the system opens.
- Find the Avast Secure Browser button and right-click on it. Then click ‘Disable’.
- After Disabling it, block it at startup. In this manner, the browser won’t run with your system any longer.
Users usually implement the above-mentioned process to prevent the automatic opening of the browser on startup. Nevertheless, if you didn’t find them helpful, there’s an alternative way to get rid of this issue. Let’s have a look at it.
How to delete Avast secure browser?
There are two ways to uninstall the Avast browser. You can uninstall the browser from the control panel or you can remove it from the system settings. Below are the simplest methods which you can use to delete the Avast browser:
1. Uninstall Avast Browser from The Control Panel
The Control Panel includes a list of all running programs on your system, uninstalling it from here removes it from your computer. If you too want to delete the Avast browser, you can simply uninstall it from the control panel. However, you can download it again if you want to.
- Initially, type the “control panel” in the Windows search box.
- Then, click on “Programs and Features“. You will see a list of all running applications on the system.
- Next, search for the Avast browser icon and press it.
- At last, click on the “Uninstall” , located at the upper side, and press it to remove it from the system.
2. Uninstall Avast Browser from System Settings
If the previous method didn’t work out. You may use this process to tackle this concern. This is an additional way of removing the Avast browser from the system. Follow the below steps:
- First, Right-click on the “Windows” icon and then press the “Apps and Features” selection from the automatic list of options.
- Find and choose the “Avast Secure Browser” button from the right side of the window.
- Now press the “Uninstall” button connected with the browser.
- Next, keep an eye on the on-screen guidelines to eliminate the browser from your computer.
If none of the mentioned methods turn out to be fruitful then there’s one more way to work around the preventing of Avast browser.
- Firstly, right-click on the “This PC” icon that is situated on your desktop.
- Choose the “Properties” button from the list of options displayed on the screen.
- Next, from the left side of the window, press the “System Protection”
- Below the “System Protection” tab, press the “System Restore”
- Then press the “Next” button and choose a point that was made previously when you faced this issue on your PC.
- Afterward, choose the “Next” option and then press the “Finish” to return your PC to an older phase.
- As your PC is reestablished, restart, and confirm whether you’re capable to end the Avast browser from opening on startup concern.
- How to Bypass Avast Site Blocking?
- How to Stop Avast From Running?
- How to Schedule Avast Scan?
- Why Avast UI Failed to Load Windows 10?
- How to Fix Avast Setup Is Already Running?
- How to Disable Avast Popups?
- How to Remove Avast Signature from Gmail?
- How to Whitelist Programs on Avast?
- How to Disable Avast Startup?
- How to Remove Avast Email Signature?
Avast antivirus is presently the most well-known and trustworthy antivirus tool around the globe but its automatically downloadable browser feature interferes with the system startup process, which is why the majority of users are getting frustrated from Avast, so it’s important to make it disable/ uninstall it from opening on the startup process.
Now that you have all the information on how to stop the Avast browser from opening on startup, we hope that you will find it very helpful and easy to implement. We have mentioned multiple simplest method so that you can share to others as well.