Although we all prioritize Avast antivirus because it is one of the best antiviruses out there, it still has some features that can sometimes drive you crazy. One such feature is the Email-signature as most people don’t want their recipients to know if they are secure with Avast. It can be embarrassing in some situations.
These email signatures quote phrases like “Virus-Free Email” or sentences quoting “The email has been sent from a virus-free computer.”
The worst part about this feature is that people don’t realize the message signature they send with Avast unless they go through the sent emails. But we’re here to save you from unwanted signatures or any embarrassment.
In this topic, you will learn how to stop Avast from sending this signature along with your emails. And if:
Avast having control over your emails can be a security threat?
The answer is no. Avast has a reputation for secure application, and it will be the last thing that can be causing you security issues. However, you can disable its control over personal chats or accounts. The reason Avast needs to monitor your emails is that email-bound viruses are common. So, it is a good idea to filter them out using Avast.
How to Turn off Avast Email Signature?
In case you don’t want the Avast Email-signature you can disable it by following the simple steps mentioned below.
- First, you have to right-click on the Avast icon in the taskbar. Then click ‘Open Avast User Interface’. The interface window will appear.
- Click the ‘Menu’ button on the top right of this window. Click ‘Settings’ next. Or you may see a Gear/ Cog Wheel, instead of the menu button.
- In the ‘General Settings’, Find ‘Enable Avast Email Signature’ and uncheck it. You’re good to go.
If this method doesn’t work for you don’t worry we have one more solution for you to remove Avast signature from your email.
- How to Stop Avast From Blocking a Website?
- How to Close Avast Antivirus?
- How to Schedule Scan in Avast?
- How to Fix Avast UI Failed to Load?
- How to Fix Avast Setup Is Already Running?
- How to Turn off Avast Notifications?
- How to Stop Avast Browser From Opening on Startup?
- How to Stop Avast From Blocking a Program?
- How to Stop Avast From Running at Startup?
These were three simple steps to disable the Avast Email Signature. These are not very difficult points, and anyone with basic computer skills can follow them to save themselves from the free advertisement. It might not take away anything from you, but it’s often unwanted.
We hope this content would’ve been helpful to you. If you still have any unresolved issues regarding Avast, check out our other posts and solutions for common Avast problems.
How do you like this content? Let us know in the comments.