Comments not showing on YouTube can take your video-viewing experience down a few notches. We use this section to gather all ‘behind the scenes’ information while others visit it to determine if the content is worth watching or not.
Regardless of the reason you scroll down to YouTube’s comment section, it’s safe to state they hold significant importance to the users. Unfortunately, this section is often inaccessible due to certain errors or glitches, particularly in the Chrome browser.
YouTube comments not loading is, in fact, among the most vexing matters users face on this entertainment website. On the brighter side, this article contains a step-by-step guide on how to fix it. So, if your YouTube comments won’t load, here is what you need to do.
How To Fix YouTube Comments Not Loading?
One of the basic ways to enable YouTube comments is to run a rudimentary troubleshooting routine. Don’t know how to do it? It’s easy: just follow the below-mentioned steps.
Reload the entire page: Oftentimes, a simple reload can remove basic glitches on the page, thereby making the comments visible again.
Be patient: Maybe you’re not at fault here. The bug could be on the other end of the table (from YouTube), and it may resolve itself after a few minutes.
Restart Your Router
If your YouTube comments don’t load even after reloading the page or patiently waiting, then you may have an issue with your internet connection. To resolve this, restart your router by doing the following:
- Turn off your router through the dedicated switch on it (recommended), or remove its power cable. Note:
- Turn off your CPU (or your smartphone, if that’s where the problem has occurred)
- Wait for a few minutes before restarting both the router and the CPU.
This drill usually works in the case of minor bugs, but if you still can’t see comments on the YouTube app or desktop, then you’d have to dig deeper into the root cause.
Perform A Hard Refresh
Do not confuse this with formatting your device. Hard refresh means clearing your entire browsing data, cookies, and cache. These are bits of information that your device gathers to make your experience even more seamless. However, sometimes it backfires as the cache may hinder basic YouTube functionalities, including YouTube comments not showing.
Here is how to perform a hard refresh on Windows and Mac devices:
- Windows: Press the F5 and Control (Ctrl) button simultaneously to clean browsing data, cookies, and cache.
- Mac: Press Option, Command, and simultaneously to remove the abovementioned data.
Clear Browser Data
The constant accumulation of browser data is disruptive and sometimes interrupts your browsing or causes other technical issues, including the error “YouTube Comments not Showing.”
In simple words, this means that you need to regularly delete this data which includes data history and cookies. You may do this by performing a hard refresh on your PC, which will reload the YouTube page and clear your browser data, or you can clear all of your browsing data.
Here is how to clear your browsing data on Windows and Mac devices:
From Chrome (Windows)
- Select ‘Settings’ from the three-dotted menu symbol in the top-right corner of the browser (next to the address bar).
- Click on ‘Clear browsing data’ after selecting ‘privacy and security.’
- Choose whether you wish to erase the browser’s data for the last 24 hours, seven days, the entire month, or All-Time from the Time range drop-down menu.
- Examine all of the browsing data options before pressing the Clear data button.
- Refresh the page and check if you see comments.
From Safari (Mac)
- Open Safari, click on ‘safari’, and then select ‘preferences’.
- Select ‘Advanced’ from the bar and click on the box next to ‘show develop in menu bar’.
- Select ‘Empty caches’ after clicking on ‘develop’ from the menu bar.
- Click on Safari from the menu bar to select ‘clear history’ to delete cookies and other browsing data.
- Click ‘clear’.
Clear YouTube App Cache
If you have tried loading comments on your phone and they are still not showing up, you should try clearing the YouTube App cache as it is one of the most effective methods.
Here is how to clear App cache on android and IOS devices:
- Go to settings.
- Select ‘Apps and notifications’.
- Press’ YouTube’.
- Select storage, and from there, press on ‘clear data’ and ‘clear cache’.
- Simply uninstall the app to clear all the App cache.
- Reset Chrome Setting
So you’ve discovered that a specific web browser is generating the “YouTube comments not showing” bug. After resetting your chrome settings, your web browser will revert back to its default settings.
This is a good troubleshooting option for a variety of issues that impair the browser’s functionality and the performance of various websites.
Reset Chrome Settings On Windows And Mac?
From Chrome (windows)
- Select ‘settings’ from the drop-down menu after clicking on the three dots.
- Click ‘reset and clean up’ from ‘advanced’.
- Choose ‘Restore settings to their original defaults.’
- Click ‘reset settings’ in the new window pop-up.
From Safari (mac)
- Open Safari, click ‘safari’ from the menu bar, and click ‘preferences’.
- Click ‘manage website data’ after selecting ‘privacy’.
- Select ‘remove all’ and then select ‘remove now’.
- Disable Adblocker/extension
Adblockers and other extensions sometimes interfere with elements of a website that could even include the YouTube comments not showing error.
With that information, we recommend that you disable any adblockers or extensions and reload YouTube to check if this is the problem.
Disabling Adblockers/Extensions On Windows And Mac
- Click the three dots on the upper right corner and hover over ‘more tools’.
- Click extensions.
- Turn the switches off and reload YouTube to see if this was the cause.
- Open Safari, click ‘safari’ from the menu bar, and click ‘preferences’.
- Click on ‘extensions’.
- Uncheck the box next to all the extensions and reload YouTube to see if this was the cause.
Disable Proxy/VPN Settings
Using a proxy server on your computer may cause troubles with YouTube video comments and other Chrome connectivity issues. If your computer uses a proxy connection, turn it off and see if the problem goes away.
Here is how to disable proxy/VPN settings on Windows and Mac devices.
- Click on the ‘advanced’ drop-down button after launching chrome settings.
- Select ‘open your computer’s proxy settings.
- This will take you to the network settings page on your computer, where you can disable any active proxy connections. Disable all of them.
- Open the Apple menu and click ‘system preferences’.
- Select ‘network’.
- Select a Wi-Fi network and click ‘advanced’.
- Select ‘proxies’ and deselect all the boxes under ‘select a protocol to configure’.
- Click ‘ok’.
Check Incognito Mode
When you use the incognito mode, there are no plugins used or browser data collected. This can help you solve your issue.
Here is how to use incognito mode on Windows, Mac, and the app:
- Press Ctrl, shift, and N buttons simultaneously.
- From Safari
- Press Command, shift, and N buttons simultaneously.
- Tap on your profile and select ‘turn on incognito’.
- Try on a different browser
Sometimes chrome also malfunctions. Thus, using other browsers such as Firefox or Opera may be the solution to your problem. Try using other preinstalled browsers and see if YouTube comments are loading accurately.
Update Chrome Browser
Ensure that your browser is up to date. To update it, type ‘chrome://settings/help’ in the address bar and press enter. The browser will check the updates and ask you to download one if there are any. However, be sure to re-launch the browser.
Wait For The Update
If nothing seems to work in your favor, it is possible that there is a bug in the app itself. It is possible that the app developers of YouTube and resolving the issue. For this reason, we advise you to wait for a few days and check if there is an update.
- How to Hide YouTube Bar When Paused?
- How to Flip a YouTube Video Horizontally?
- What Is Unlisted vs Private on YouTube?
Mentioned above are a few quick fixes for you in case if YouTube comments are not loading for you. We hope that you were able to find a solution and fix your problem with our easy guide and are now viewing those YouTube comments.